Some products have a highly complex production process. Identifying quality risks in a root cause scheme, therefor, needs a centralised and integrated data base allowing to correlate laboratory measurements with work instructions, training schemes and goods reception tests or delivery notes.
Cost pressure, globalised supply chains and increasing environmental standards require an efficient knowledge management process. Efficient knowledge management is at the core of any successful business strategy.
The C.O.S Collaboration Online Suite is an integrated platform that supports your organisation in a wide spectrum of quality management tasks covering construction, production, purchase, sales down to after sales service, compliance documentation and market observation.
Do not bind your resources in redundant communication and administration - allocate them where they contribute to innovation, quality and security adding more value to the business. Let information technology work for you.
Monitoring quality throughout the entire supply chain induces a clear always current and auditable communication on quality and security standards. The only way to achieve this is maintaining steering an authorised and controlled documentation as most of the standards require in the first place.
Furthermore, the organisation has the obligation to inform the staff and keep an audit trail of these notifications – especially concerning health and safety risks. Internal and external standards, instructions and regulations must be transferred to every employee’s context, workplace and environment without spamming them. The flood of information can only be managed efficiently, if the system can support a controlled and individual communication stream to each person involved in quality and security relevant areas. To make the quality management system work a couple of principles must be rejected:
- Relations like conflicts, redundancies or synergies can arise from external regulation, technical restrictions and customer specifications. The internal documentation must therefore analyse, harmonise and resolve these interdependencies.
- The capacity limits of the organisation as a whole and of each individual must not be exceeded,
- All changes must be processed within the given capacity and time limits.
Develop your organisation’s optimal approach for a norm-conform and efficient documentation.
The risk management function should rely on an early warning and alert system. A central system covering complaints, audit, innovation, goods reception, test analysis, contract management and social radar extracts the high risk quality issues and shows them on a dashboard. All data can be mined for common patterns or with a root cause analysis.
Hazards due to technical failures in plant incidents followed by long lasting reputational and financial impact must be avoided. To achieve this regulatory context and company culture must melt to a common security and quality awareness. Organise communication and documentation accordingly.
Once, issues are on the table, they must be analysed, prioritised and resolved. All resulting measures must be defined and tracked concisely. Even here an audit trail proves adequate risk awareness and competency for the subject matter to external authorities or experts.
Compliance in daily Operations
The navigation through the information meets the users working style and preference. Process oriented, full text search, traditional tree structure with folders or a dictionary accelerate the retrieval and provide a satisfying user experience everywhere on a mobile device- even under the pressure of the daily operations or in extraordinary the stress situations. Risk dependencies can be embedded to stimulate the awareness. Process responsibles or super visors can control communication and status of the documentation within their sphere.
Stakeholder reporting for external parties is supported with pre-furnished standard reports.
Ad Hoc Project-, maintenance- and issues management
The information flow from one organisational unit or business process to the next other must be auditable. A notification engine must take care of this communication based on a common platform of master data, but addressing the information needs of each individual.
The relevant skills to keep the enterprise alive and operations running independent of the expertise of certain members of the organisation requires a vital knowledge management process covering compliance, production, innovation and research topics completely integrated at the same time.
Modern Information basis
co.suite is an integrated System to
- Display multiple external norms and the deduced internal instructions and policies,
- Their risk based implementation,
- Break the requirements down to positions, organisational and geographical units,
- Document the communication between individual and organisation,
- Report item, issue and product oriented,
- Encrypt and treat confidential information duly.
- Documentation binds the internal documentation to external standards, process-oriented and providing each employee a personal view for his/her role,
- Complaints collects quality deviations from various information channels (social Media, E-Mail, phone, …) from users, customers and employees to resolve the timely,
- Ideas is the platform to leverage the creative potential of the organisation stimulating innovation, identification and saving costs,
- Social Radar scans the Internet for current rumours or problems concerning your organisation,
- Training manages the educational and knowledge requirements of the organisation,
- Contracts monitors the commercial and legal side of the business,
- Audits tracks deviations and weaknesses in processes,
- Issues steers all projects and initiatives as an online collaboration tool, without the headache of a complex application,
- Maintenance management allows to plan and monitor large projects for long term production assets to repeat the in regular cycle and modify them adjusting them to changing needs.
- The integrated Dashboard highlights quality risks and KPIs grouped, filtered and sorted by process, geographical, organisational unit, risk level, item or product.
- Erasing redundant information and communication streams,
- Focus on relevant data,
- Clear responsibility scheme,
- Transparent reporting structure and communication channels,
- Stringent monitoring of due dates.
The open and web-based architecture with a user friendly make the co.suite an essential tool for any risk-, or compliance officer or quality manager in the process industries.
Logical access controls, authentication and encryption provide a secure and reliable technical infrastructure that works in on premise, cloud and hybrid scenarios.
Tablet, Smart- or I-Phone: Information is delivered, wherever required.
Search and navigation lead each user to the relevant content directly. Superfluous complexity is eliminated. User acceptance grows and introduction time shrinks.
All interdependencies are transparent. The risk of quality failures is mastered throughout the entire value chain.